Was it Puss Hollow on Bold Camp? - believe they finally changed the name after the signs were continuously stolen.
Was going out doing some work yesterday in the area and ran across an interested road name........ Little D-I-C-K Rd
That also got me to thinking of some additional road names I have run across while traveling......
Cigarette Hollow
Crack Rock Rd
BFE Road
P-u-s-s-y Hollow
I know there are quite a few others that I have run across but can't remember them all so let's hear 'em!!!!!!
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Was it Puss Hollow on Bold Camp? - believe they finally changed the name after the signs were continuously stolen.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
When 911 addresses were first introduced, think I was in high school, they sent workers out to find out what locals called their roads/hollows since most of them were never formally named. When they went to that particular hollow they asked the first fellow they met what it was called and he just answered point-blank "Puss Holler."
And so it was, forever emblazoned in white lettering on blue reflective aluminum signage.
We all wondered why no one thought to question that, or why they didn't suggest another name to begin with...
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
You had better be a bad a$$ S.O.B. if the place you come from is called "Puss Holler"...lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks